FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Colour & Cloth Ltd SEWING STUDIO & SEWING MACHINE SERVICING is located above HAB & FAB store at 30 Castlereagh Street, Belfast.
The location of the studio will change after 31st December 2023. Please check website for new location.
2024 will see new courses, workshops, weekend retreat dates for Colour and Cloth Ltd. Stay updated by joining our online sewing forum.
- A Sewing Course runs for 7 weeks and covers various subjects which together make up the content of the course.
- A Sewing Workshop is one day and is on a specific subject matter.
Everything you need to bring to your class or workshop is listed on your course description.
Please arrive no earlier than 10 minutes before your Sewing Course start time to ensure you’re ready to setup and start promptly.
- Late arrival is disruptive to the class.
- Any delays should be notified as soon as possible.
Yes, we offer a Sewing machine and Overlocker repair service for domestic and semi-industrial machines; all makes, models and ages.
If emailing a booking enquiry please tell us the make and model of your Sewing or Overlocker machine.
1. Simple and easy – Book Online
2. Bring the machine accessories kit, foot control pedal and manual with you.
3. Payment is made upon collection.
4. What we provide:
- Sewing Machine Service from £50* (+parts read point 5.1 below).
- Sewing Machine Repairs from £85* (+parts read point 5.2 below).
- Overlocker Service from £75* (+parts read point 5.1 below).
- Overlocker Repair from £95* (+parts read point 5.2 below).
- Vintage Machine Service from £50* (+parts read point 5.1 below).
- Vintage Machine Repair from £85* (+parts read point 5.2 below).
- Computerised Machine Service from £85* (+parts read point 5.1 below).
- Vintage Sewing Machine Restoration – Contact us for a quotation.
- Industrial Sewing Machine Service – Contact us for a quotation.
5. What is the difference between a Machine Service and Repair?
- A machine service usually involves routine maintenance and cleaning of a sewing machine to ensure it is functioning properly. This can include oiling, adjusting tensions, checking and replacing needles, and checking the machine for any broken or worn parts. Sewing machine service is typically performed on a regular basis to keep the machine in good working order and prevent potential breakdowns.
- A machine repair service involves fixing a sewing machine that is not functioning properly or has stopped working altogether. This can involve diagnosing and repairing specific issues with the machine, such as replacing broken parts, fixing jammed or tangled thread, or repairing electronic components. Machine repair service is typically performed when a sewing machine is experiencing problems and needs to be fixed to return to proper functioning.
Note:*Any additional parts required for service or repair are extra cost.
Our E-Gift Cards can be purchased for Private tuition, Sewing Courses, Workshop and Machine service / repair – Click here.
Gift card can be personalised with your own message for the recipient.